January 27, 2024
We are looking to expand our family….
Want an opportunity to refine skills and advance in the hospitality industry? Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast is seeking a B&B Assistant with diverse skills to join our small team of happy professionals. This is a physically demanding position that could entails cooking and/or serving the 7 Course Breakfast, housekeeping, hosting the wine and cheese social, and possibly working in the office. A mature and responsible candidate must be available weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Typical work hours vary within 730am and 6pm. Compensation starts at $16/hr, plus tips, paid sick time, Oregon Saves, Unique Inns discount, employee discount at Heceta Lighthouse Gift shop, and many more perks!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prep and cook or serve the 7 Course Breakfast using fresh seasonal ingredients from local purveyors, following the recipes in The Lighthouse Breakfast Cookbook.
- Learn the stories behind the recipes and be able to share them with guests, along with the History of Heceta Head Lightstation.
- Clean rooms, first floor, and porches; upholding the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Treat, wash, and fold laundry.
- Keep all storage areas clean and organized.
- Report any maintenance and safety issues to management.
- Check in guests, prepare cheese platters, serve wine, and act as concierge.
- Possibly work in the office making reservations, selling gift certificates, sending emails, returning phone calls, and other admin duties as needed.
- Be a leader, role model, and solution creator for the B&B team.
- Experience cooking meals from scratch using fresh produce.
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and efficiently within a time limit.
- Able to squat, bend, kneel, lift 40lbs, and navigate stairs carrying large heavy items.
- Have a team effort mentality, supporting other staff and contributing to the betterment of the B&B.
- Working knowledge of email, and general computer skills.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Oregon Food Handler’s Card, OLCC permit, Customer Service Gold Training
- Willingness to learn and share the history of Heceta Head.
- Excellent written, verbal, and auditory communications skills with guests, staff, and management.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with exceptional customer service experience.
Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast is located halfway between Florence and Yachats on the Central Oregon Coast. We are a high end, 6 room boutique inn occupying the historic lightkeepers’ home at Heceta Head Lighthouse. This well reputed Unique Inn is known across the globe for its dramatic scenery, rich maritime history, and amazing 7 Course Breakfast. Not only do we offer lodging, we also serve as an interpretive center, gift shop, and a busy event venue. Guests are welcome as friends and staff is treated like family in a positive and respectful atmosphere. Listed on the National Register of Historic places and owned by the US Forest Service it is our mission to be good stewards of this property through restoring and publicly sharing this national gem.
If you are ready to join an exceptional team to do a job you love and represent a business you can be proud of, and you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and verifiable references in the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heceta Head Keeper’s house is operated under a concessionaire permit by WR Trillium Inc in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service. Persons of any race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or with any handicapping condition are welcome to enjoy all facilities, programs and services of the USDA. Discrimination in any form is strictly against any policy and should be reported to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington DC, 20250, 1-800-245-6340.