Innkeeper Career Opportunity
Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast is located halfway between Florence and Yachats on the Central Oregon Coast. We are a high end, 6 room inn occupying the historic light keepers’ home at Heceta Head Lighthouse. This well reputed inn is known internationally for its dramatic scenery, rich maritime history, and amazing 7 Course Breakfast. Not only do we offer lodging, we also serve as an Interpretive Center, gift shop, and a busy event venue. Guests are welcomed as friends. Staff is treated like family. Listed on the National Register of Historic places and owned by the US Forest Service it is our mission to be good stewards of this property through restoring and publicly sharing this national gem.
Heceta Lighthouse B&B is seeking an experienced Innkeeper to join our seasoned team in a year-round full-time position. This is a hands-on position that entails working the day-to-day operations and assisting in managerial duties. This dynamic candidate must be available weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Candidate must have professional culinary experience and be ready to hit the ground running. Typical work hours are between 8am and 6pm. Compensation is competitive, with benefits including medical insurance and paid vacation.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Act as the “Kitchen Captain,” cooking and serving the 7 Course Breakfast, as well as organizing and managing the kitchen, produce, and supplies. Train staff and oversee the cooking and serving of the breakfast to maintain our high standard of proper cooking techniques and serving etiquette.
• Oversee housekeeping and assist when needed, upholding the highest standards of cleanliness. Work with the General Manager on guest room inventory management- ordering supplies, amenities, bedding, linens and towels
• Check in guests, host wine socials, sell food, beverages, and merchandise with professional customer service. Act as guest concierge, recommending local attractions and making dinner reservations.
• Work in the office communicating with guests via phone and email, taking and processing reservations, and utilizing the online project management system to communicate with staff and maintain organization of ongoing projects.
• Work with the General Manager on a variety of projects, staff meetings and trainings
• Be the PIC when the General Manager is not present.
• Create the weekly schedule and monitor adherence to hours and break times.
• Be a leader, role model, and solution creator for the B&B team.
• Professional experience cooking high quality food and managing a kitchen: Understanding of various cooking methods, knowledge of ingredients, equipment and procedures, including adhering to cleanliness and safety requirements of the health department and OHSA.
• Knowledge of local seasonal produce and products and how to properly store and utilize them to reduce waste and ensure the highest quality dishes are being served.
• Housekeeping experience with extreme attention to detail and highest standards of cleanliness.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 40lbs and meet the physical demands of the job.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and general computer skills.
• Must possess or be able to obtain Oregon Food Handler’s Card, OLCC permit, Customer Service Gold Training, CPR, First Aid, and AED training.
• Excellent written, verbal, and auditory communications skills with guests, staff, and management.
• Professional appearance and demeanor with exceptional customer service experience.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
Hotel Management, Graphic Design, Event Planning, Non-Profit experience, Grant Writing, Gardening, Retail/Merchandising experience, Proficiency with Social Media Platforms, Maintenance or Landscaping Knowledge.
If you are ready to join an exceptional team to do a job you love and represent a business you can be proud of, and you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and verifiable references in the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments will not be opened.
Heceta Head Keeper’s house is operated under a concessionaire permit by WR Trillium Inc in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service. Persons of any race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or with any handicapping condition are welcome to enjoy all facilities, programs and services of the USDA. Discrimination in any form is strictly against any policy and should be reported to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington DC, 20250, 1-800-245-6340.