Current local events for the month of May:
- 115th Annual Florence Rhododendron Festival – May 18th-22nd
Rhody Days is back! Events include the 5k/10k Rhody Walk, flower shows, car shows, carnival, vendor fair, art fest, and parades! Visit FlorenceChamber.com for more information.
- Sea Lion Caves is a must sea this time of year before the Sea Lions head out for the season. Make sure to call ahead to check to see if the Sea Lion’s are indeed still actively in the cave.
- There is a variety of points of interest including the Darlingtonia State Natural State that is one of the very few places that Darlingtonia Californica, a carnivorous species of flower, exists naturally. Additionally, there is the Siuslaw River Bridge, Cape Creek Bridge and many other natural sites for you to enjoy.
- Florence offers many activities including Dune buggy rides, horseback rides, even a private plane tour of the coast. Feel free to check out our selection of pamphlets or inquire with a staff member.
- Gerdemann Public Trail in Yachats is now open again! Take a walk through this beautiful Botanic Preserve just in time to see the Rhododendrons in bloom!
- Spring Celebration and Fundraiser – Yachats Commons – Sunday, May 15th
This fundraiser will go from 2pm-5pm and will include activities such as lawn games, wine and cake walk, bake sale, and a raffle. Free popcorn and beverages, and everyone is invited! Proceeds will go to South Lincoln County youth.
- Yachats has many stunning natural geological formations such as Thor’s Well, Devil’s Churn. Other points of interest include the Little Log Church, the North Fork Yachats Covered Bridge and the Bazalgette the Whale at Whale Park!
- Don’t forget to treat yourself to a fine dining experience at Ona Restaurant and Lounge!