February 13, 2021
Maintenance Person Needed
Enjoy the Magic of the Oregon Coast and become part of the history of Heceta Head Lightstation! Heceta Lighthouse B&B is seeking an experienced Maintenance person to join our professional team for a part-time position. Schedule is 1 day/week plus on call as needed. This emotionally mature and responsible candidate must be available weekdays, weekends, holidays, and evenings. Compensation is based on experience and skill set. We offer paid sick time, Oregon Saves plan, and many other perks that come with working in a beautiful location with loving people!
Roles and Responsibilities
– Conduct weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance on all areas of the Keeper’s Home, Gift Shop, and grounds.
– Respond to a To Do List on the Project Management System in a timely manner.
– Assist with any maintenance emergencies.
– Possibly communicate with other service providers about larger or more complicated needs.
– Keep all maintenance storage areas clean and organized.
– Track and report to the inn manager needed maintenance supplies.
– Report any safety issues and remedy situations within ability.
– Install and remove Christmas lights.
– Be prepared to interact with guests and tourists with professional customer service.
– Be a leader, role model, and solution creator for the B&B team.
– Experience with plumbing, electricity, carpentry, painting, and general “handyman” skills, and the tools required to complete those jobs.
– Knowledge of home appliance mechanics, well water systems, septic, drain fields, and irrigation systems.
– Ability to work independently, accurately, and efficiently within a time limit.
– Able to squat, bend, kneel, lift at least 40lbs, and navigate stairs carrying large heavy items.
– Have a team effort mentality, supporting other staff and contributing to the betterment of the B&B.
– Working knowledge of email, and general computer skills.
– Willingness to learn and share the history of Heceta Head.
– Written, verbal, and auditory communications skills with guests, staff, and management.
– Professional appearance and demeanor with exceptional customer service experience.
– Be able to pass a background check.
Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast is located halfway between Florence and Yachats on the Central Oregon Coast. We are a high end, 6 room boutique inn occupying the historic light keepers’ home at Heceta Head Lighthouse. This well reputed Unique Inn is known across the globe for its dramatic scenery, rich maritime history, and amazing 7 Course Breakfast. Not only do we offer lodging, we also serve as an Interpretive Center, Gift Shop, and a busy Event Venue. Guests are welcome as friends and staff is treated like family in a positive and respectful atmosphere. Listed on the National Register of Historic places and owned by the US Forest Service it is our mission to be good stewards of this property through restoring and publicly sharing this national gem.
If you are ready to join an exceptional team to do a job you love and represent a business you can be proud of, and you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and verifiable references in the body of your email to email@example.com. Attachments will not be opened.
Heceta Head Keeper’s house is operated under a concessionaire permit by WR Trillium Inc in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service. Persons of any race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or with any handicapping condition are welcome to enjoy all facilities, programs and services of the USDA. Discrimination in any form is strictly against any policy and should be reported to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington DC, 20250, 1-800-245-6340.