January 2, 2021
B&B Assistant Needed
Heceta Lighthouse B&B is seeking a hospitality professional with culinary experience to join our seasoned team as a B&B Assistant. This physically demanding position that entails housekeeping, cooking and serving the 7 Course Breakfast, hosting the wine and cheese social, and working in the office is an opportunity to refine skills and advance in the industry. We are seeking an emotionally mature and responsible candidate who is available weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Typical work hours vary between 730am and 630pm. Compensation starts at $15/hr, plus tips, paid sick time, Oregon Saves, Unique Inns Discount, employee discount at Heceta Lighthouse Gift shop, and many more perks!
Roles and Responsibilities
– Cook and prep the 7 Course Breakfast.
-Perform administrative duties like answering phones, making reservations, responding to emails, inventory and order supplies, file and organize, create labels and signs, and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
– Clean rooms, first floor, and porches; upholding the highest standards of cleanliness.
– Treat, wash, and fold laundry.
– Report any maintenance and safety issues and repair any minor issues within ability.
– Professionally serve the 7 Course Breakfast sharing stories of the recipes, food purveyors, and the History of Heceta Head.
– Check in guests, prepare cheese platters, serve wine, and act as concierge.
– Be a leader, role model, and solution creator for the B&B team.
-Professional cooking and baking experience with strong knife skills.
– Experience serving in a hotel, restaurant, or catering environment.
– Ability to work independently, accurately, and efficiently within a time limit.
– Able to squat, bend, kneel, lift 40lbs, and navigate stairs carrying large heavy items.
– Have a team effort mentality, supporting other staff and contributing to the betterment of the B&B.
– Working knowledge of email, and general computer skills.
– Must possess or be able to obtain Oregon Food Handler’s Card, OLCC permit, Customer Service Gold Training
– Willingness to learn and share the history of Heceta Head.
– Excellent written, verbal, and auditory communications skills with guests, staff, and management.
– Professional appearance and demeanor with exceptional customer service experience.
Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast is located halfway between Florence and Yachats on the Central Oregon Coast. We are a high end, 6 room boutique inn occupying the historic light keepers’ home at Heceta Head Lighthouse. This well reputed Unique Inn is known across the globe for its dramatic scenery, rich maritime history, and amazing 7 Course Breakfast. Not only do we offer lodging, we also serve as an Interpretive Center, gift shop, and a busy event venue. Guests are welcome as friends and staff is treated like family in a positive and respectful atmosphere. Listed on the National Register of Historic places and owned by the US Forest Service it is our mission to be good stewards of this property through restoring and publicly sharing this national gem.
If you are ready to join an exceptional team to do a job you love and represent a business you can be proud of, and you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and verifiable references in the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments will not be opened.