Posted by: Misty
Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast is located halfway between Florence and Yachats on the Central Oregon Coast. We are a high end, 6 room inn occupying the historic light keepers’ home at Heceta Head Lighthouse. This well reputed unique inn is known across the globe for its dramatic scenery, rich maritime history, and amazing 7 Course Breakfast. Not only do we offer lodging, we also serve as an Interpretive Center, gift shop, and a busy event venue. Guests are welcome as friends and staff is treated like family in a positive and respectful atmosphere. Listed on the National Register of Historic places and owned by the US Forest Service it is our mission to be good stewards of this property through restoring and publicly sharing this national gem.
Heceta Lighthouse B&B is seeking a Lead Sales Associate to join our experienced team. This is a hands-on position that entails working the day-to-day operations and consulting with the manager on a daily basis. This dynamic candidate must be available weekdays, weekends, and holidays. This 32-35 hour position Memorial weekend thru September and as needed the rest of the year. Typical work hours vary between 930am and 630pm. Compensation is $14/hour during training and probation period. Raises will be based on experience and performance.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Consult with Gift shop manager on a daily basis
– Keep inventory stocked
– Manage gift shop phone calls
– Maintain till for accuracy and acquire small bills and coins
– Maintain supplies – packaging materials, end of day envelopes, cash slips, register tape, pricing materials, printer paper, printer ink, pens, paper clips, rubber bands, etc.
– Clean display shelves, countertops & floors and hanging displays
– Assist with off-season projects to promote the Gift Shop and its inventory
– Assist with creation of bundles, packages, advertising for social media and websites
– lead concession stand and gift shop employees
– Be a leader, role model, and solution creator for the B&B team.
– Other duties as assigned
– Candidate must have retail experience, management preferred.
– Working knowledge of Quickbooks point of sale software, word processing, email, internet searches & online ordering
– Strong math skills
– Must possess or be able to obtain Oregon Food Handler’s Card, OLCC permit, Customer Service Gold Training, CPR, First Aid, and AED training.
– Excellent written, verbal, and auditory communications skills with guests, staff, and management.
– Professional appearance and demeanor with exceptional customer service experience.
– Must be able to lift and carry up to 40lbs and meet the physical demands of the job.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
– Proficiency with Social Media Platforms
– Experience with online shopping platforms
If you are ready to join an exceptional team to do a job you love and represent a business you can be proud of, and you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and verifiable references in the body of your email to email@example.com. Attachments will not be opened.
For more information about Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast, please visit www.hecetalighthouse.com
Heceta Head Keeper’s house is operated under a concessionaire permit by WR Trillium Inc in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service. Persons of any race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or with any handicapping condition are welcome to enjoy all facilities, programs and services of the USDA. Discrimination in any form is strictly against any policy and should be reported to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington DC, 20250, 1-800-245-6340.