May 1, 2019
Kitchen Manager Wanted
Posted by: Misty
Heceta Lighthouse B&B is seeking a Kitchen Manager to join our experienced team in a year-round position with full-time potential. This is a hands-on position which entails cooking and/or serving the 7 Course Breakfast, managing the day to day operations of the kitchen, assisting with catered events, and preparing foods for the concession stand in the gift shop. This dynamic candidate must be available weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Candidate must have professional culinary experience. Typical work hours are between 8am and 4pm, with the occasional evening for a catered event. $16/hour during training and probation period. Managerial compensation will be competitive and based on experience and performance starting at 40K.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Cook and serve all recipes for the 7 Course Breakfast
- Organize and manage the daily kitchen operations.
- Manage inventory, order supplies, shop for produce, and generate shopping list for GM weekly.
- Plan menus based on dietary needs, guest occupancy, and seasonal offerings.
- Prepare all breakfast condiments and baked goods.
- Train support staff and oversee the cooking and serving of the breakfast to maintain our high standard of proper cooking techniques and serving etiquette.
- Work with the Owner and General Manager on culinary projects, staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist with food preparation, ordering, and stocking of the new concession stand at the gift shop
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager with catering logistics
- Adhere to cleanliness and safety requirements of the health department and OHSA.
- Assist in the planning, and maintenance the Culinary Garden.
- Be the PIC when GM and Assistant Manager are not present.
- Be a leader, role model, and solution creator for the B&B team.
- Experience cooking high quality food and managing a kitchen: Understanding of various cooking methods, knowledge of ingredients, equipment and procedures, including cleanliness and safety requirements of the health department and OHSA.
- Knowledge of local seasonal produce and products and how to properly store and utilize them to reduce waste and ensure the highest quality dishes are being served.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs and meet the physical demands of the job.
- Capable of utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and general computer skills.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Oregon Food Handler’s Card, OLCC permit, Customer Service Gold Training, CPR, First Aid, and AED training.
- Excellent written, verbal, and auditory communications skills with guests, staff, and management.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with exceptional customer service experience.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
Hotel/Restaurant Management, Event Planning, Non-Profit experience, Gardening, Retail/Merchandising experience, Proficiency with Social Media Platforms.
Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast is located halfway between Florence and Yachats on the Central Oregon Coast. We are a high end, 6 room inn occupying the historic light keepers’ home at Heceta Head Lighthouse. This well reputed unique inn is known across the globe for its dramatic scenery, rich maritime history, and amazing 7 Course Breakfast. Not only do we offer lodging, we also serve as an Interpretive Center, gift shop, and a busy event venue. Guests are welcome as friends and staff is treated like family in a positive and respectful atmosphere. Listed on the National Register of Historic places and owned by the US Forest Service it is our mission to be good stewards of this property through restoring and publicly sharing this national gem.
If you are ready to join an exceptional team to do a job you love and represent a business you can be proud of, and you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and verifiable references in the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments will not be opened.
Heceta Head Keeper’s house is operated under a concessionaire permit by WR Trillium Inc in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service. Persons of any race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or with any handicapping condition are welcome to enjoy all facilities, programs and services of the USDA. Discrimination in any form is strictly against any policy and should be reported to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington DC, 20250, 1-800-245-6340.