February 14, 2020
Join our Team!
Posted by: Misty
Enjoy the Magic of the Oregon Coast and gain valuable skills to farther your hospitality career! Work at the Heceta Head Lightstation in the historic Keepers’ Home. Heceta Lighthouse B&B is seeking an experienced professional Housekeeper to join our seasoned team for a part-time position with more hours in the summer than the winter. This is a physically demanding position that entails cleaning 6 rooms in 4 hours. Other opportunities are available serving breakfast, hosting the wine social while doing check-ins, and/or working in the Gift Shop. This mature and responsible candidate must be available weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Typical work hours are between 8am and 6pm. Compensation starts at $14/hr, based on experience and skill set. Paid Sick time, Oregon Saves plan, and many other perks that come with working in a beautiful location with loving people!
Roles and Responsibilities
– Clean, restock, and stage 6 bedrooms, 2 parlors, dining room, 2 kitchens, basement, and a large porch; upholding the highest standards of cleanliness.
– Wash, dry, and fold all sheets, towels, robes, rags, napkins, tablecloths, etc.
– Keep all storage areas clean and organized.
– Track and report to the manager on inventory – cleaning supplies, amenities, bedding, linens and towels.
– Report any maintenance and safety issues and repair any minor issues within ability.
– Possibly check in guests, host wine socials, sell food, beverages, and merchandise with professional customer service.
– Act as guest concierge, recommending food and local attractions and making dinner reservations.
– Be a leader, role model, and solution creator for the B&B team.
– Professional hotel or vacation rental housekeeping experience with extreme attention to detail and highest standards of cleanliness.
– Ability to work independently, accurately, and efficiently within a time limit.
– Able to squat, bend, kneel, lift 40lbs, and navigate stairs carrying large heavy items.
– Have a team effort mentality, supporting other staff and contributing to the betterment of the B&B.
– Working knowledge of email, and general computer skills.
– Must possess or be able to obtain Oregon Food Handler’s Card, OLCC permit, Customer Service Gold Training, CPR, First Aid, and AED training.
– Willingness to learn and share the history of Heceta Head.
– Excellent written, verbal, and auditory communications skills with guests, staff, and management.
– Professional appearance and demeanor with exceptional customer service experience.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
Hotel Management, Graphic Design, Event Planning, Catering, Non-Profit experience, Grant Writing, Gardening, Retail/Merchandising experience, Proficiency with Social Media Platforms, Maintenance or Landscaping Knowledge.
Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast is located halfway between Florence and Yachats on the Central Oregon Coast. We are a high end, 6 room boutique inn occupying the historic light keepers’ home at Heceta Head Lighthouse. This well reputed Unique Inn is known across the globe for its dramatic scenery, rich maritime history, and amazing 7 Course Breakfast. Not only do we offer lodging, we also serve as an Interpretive Center, gift shop, and a busy event venue. Guests are welcome as friends and staff is treated like family in a positive and respectful atmosphere. Listed on the National Register of Historic places and owned by the US Forest Service it is our mission to be good stewards of this property through restoring and publicly sharing this national gem.
If you are ready to join an exceptional team to do a job you love and represent a business you can be proud of, and you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and verifiable references in the body of your email to email@example.com. Attachments will not be opened.
Heceta Head Keeper’s house is operated under a concessionaire permit by WR Trillium Inc in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service. Persons of any race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or with any handicapping condition are welcome to enjoy all facilities, programs and services of the USDA. Discrimination in any form is strictly against any policy and should be reported to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington DC, 20250, 1-800-245-6340.