May 23, 2021
Enjoy the Magic of the Oregon Coast and gain valuable skills to farther your hospitality career! Work at the Heceta Head Lightstation in the historic Keepers’ Home. Heceta Lighthouse B&B is seeking a Housekeeper to join our professional team for a part-time position with opportunity for more hours in the peak season. This is a physically demanding job that requires adhering to daily deadlines. This emotionally mature and reliable candidate must be available weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Typical work hours are between 11 am and 4pm. Compensation starts at $15/hr, plus tips, paid sick time, Oregon Saves plan, and many other perks that come with working in a beautiful location with loving people!
Roles and Responsibilities
– Clean, disinfect, restock, and stage 3-4 bedrooms, OR 2 parlors, dining room, 2 kitchens, basement, and a large porch; upholding the highest standards of cleanliness.
– Wash, dry, fold, and put away all sheets, towels, robes, rags, napkins, tablecloths, etc.
– Keep all storage areas clean, disinfected, and organized.
– Track and report to the manager on inventory – cleaning supplies, amenities, bedding, linens and towels.
– Report any maintenance and safety issues to management.
– Be a leader, role model, and solution creator for the B&B team.
– Willingness to learn professional housekeeping with extreme attention to detail and highest standards of cleanliness.
– Ability to work independently, accurately, and efficiently within a time limit.
– Able to squat, bend, kneel, lift 40lbs, and navigate stairs carrying large heavy items.
– Have a team effort mentality, supporting other staff and contributing to the betterment of the B&B.
– Working knowledge of email, and general computer skills.
– Must possess or be able to obtain OLCC permit and Customer Service Gold Training.
– Willingness to learn and share the history of Heceta Head.
– Clear written, verbal, and auditory communications skills with guests, staff, and management.
– Professional appearance and demeanor with exceptional customer service.
– Able to pass a background check.
Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast is located halfway between Florence and Yachats on the Central Oregon Coast. We are a high end, 6 room boutique inn occupying the historic light keepers’ home at Heceta Head Lighthouse. This well reputed Unique Inn is known across the globe for its dramatic scenery, rich maritime history, and amazing 7 Course Breakfast. Not only do we offer lodging, we also serve as an Interpretive Center, Gift Shop, and a busy Event Venue. Guests are welcome as friends and staff is treated like family in a positive and respectful atmosphere. Listed on the National Register of Historic places and owned by the US Forest Service it is our mission to be good stewards of this property through restoring and publicly sharing this national gem.
If you are ready to join an exceptional team to do a job you love and represent a business you can be proud of, and you meet the above requirements, email email@example.com.
Heceta Head Keeper’s house is operated under a concessionaire permit by WR Trillium Inc in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service. Persons of any race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or with any handicapping condition are welcome to enjoy all facilities, programs and services of the USDA. Discrimination in any form is strictly against any policy and should be reported to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington DC, 20250, 1-800-245-6340.