November 3, 2019
Be our Chef!
Posted by: Misty
Heceta Lighthouse B&B is seeking a Chef to join our experienced team for a year-round full-time position. Our focus: seasonal, local ingredients, including our own culinary garden. We are seeking an experienced culinary professional who will work with the owner and executive chef, leading the B&B kitchen, planning and executing catered events, wine dinners, special events and the newly planned concession stand. This position has potential for compensation increases based on showing initiative and success in increasing revenue and profits. Position starts at 50K plus benefits. Benefits include 50% personal medical insurance, gratuities for events, 1 week paid vacation after 6 months.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Seven Course Breakfast
o Cook, serve and oversee training of the Seven Course Breakfast
o Menu planning (based on dietary needs), full preparation and exceptional baking
o Organize and manage the daily kitchen operations and purchasing, including shopping
o Create seasonal variations of dishes for the breakfast
- Events and Food/Beverage Development
o Develop, plan and execute catered events- weddings, wine dinners, and other events
o Cultivate our new food concession- Assist with design and development of the new concession stand at the gift shop
o Cross train for all B&B roles to assist with the entire guest experience when needed.
o Maintain and cultivate vendor relationships with local purveyors, farmers and producers and markets
o Asses and schedule maintenance of equipment and kitchen tools.
o Work with the Owner and General Manager on culinary projects, staff meetings and trainings.
o Adhere to cleanliness and safety requirements of the health department and OHSA.
o Assist in the planning, and maintenance the Culinary Garden.
o Be a leader, role model, and solution creator for the B&B team.
Growth and Projects
- Work closely with GM and owner to plan and execute special events to increase relaxed season profits. These may include but are not limited to brunches, theme dinners, cooking classes, new ideas….
- Review, critique and make thorough notes of the cookbook recipes in preparation for second edition.
- 5+ years of culinary management and cooking high quality ingredients: Understanding of various cooking methods, knowledge of ingredients, equipment and procedures, including cleanliness and safety requirements of the health department and OHSA.
- Knowledge of local seasonal produce and products and how to properly store and utilize them to reduce waste and ensure the highest quality dishes are being served.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs and meet the physical demands of the job.
- Capable of utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and general computer skills.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Oregon Food Handler’s Card, OLCC permit, Customer Service Gold Training, CPR, First Aid, and AED training.
- Excellent written, verbal, and auditory communications skills with guests, staff, and management.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with exceptional customer service experience.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
Hotel/Restaurant Management, Event Planning, Gardening, Retail/Merchandising experience, Proficiency with Social Media Platforms.
Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast is located halfway between Florence and Yachats on the Central Oregon Coast. We are a high end, 6 room inn occupying the historic light keepers’ home at Heceta Head Lighthouse. This well reputed unique inn is known across the globe for its dramatic scenery, rich maritime history, and amazing 7 Course Breakfast. Not only do we offer lodging, we also serve as an Interpretive Center, gift shop, and a busy event venue. Guests are welcome as friends and staff is treated like family in a positive and respectful atmosphere. Listed on the National Register of Historic places and owned by the US Forest Service it is our mission to be good stewards of this property through restoring and publicly sharing this national gem.
If you are ready to join an exceptional team to do a job you love and represent a business you can be proud of, and you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and verifiable references in the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments will not be opened.
For more information about Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast, please visit www.hecetalighthouse.com
Heceta Head Keeper’s house is operated under a concessionaire permit by WR Trillium Inc in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service. Persons of any race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or with any handicapping condition are welcome to enjoy all facilities, programs and services of the USDA. Discrimination in any form is strictly against any policy and should be reported to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington DC, 20250, 1-800-245-6340.