March 3, 2020
B&B Assistant Needed
Posted by: Misty
Heceta Lighthouse B&B is seeking a hospitality professional to join our seasoned team for a part-time position as a B&B Assistant. This is a dynamic position that entails cleaning up to 6 rooms in 4 hours, serving the 7 Course Breakfast, and possibly working in the Gift Shop. This mature and responsible candidate must be available weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Typical work hours vary between 8am and 6pm. Compensation starts at $14/hr, based on experience and skill set.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Clean, restock, and stage up to 6 bedrooms; upholding the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Sometimes clean 2 parlors, dining room, 2 kitchens, basement, and a large porch.
- Wash, dry, and fold sheets, towels, robes, rags, napkins, tablecloths…
- Keep storage areas clean and organized.
- Track and report to the manager on inventory of cleaning supplies, amenities, bedding, linens and towels.
- Report any maintenance and safety issues and repair any minor issues within ability.
- Professionally serve the 7 Course Breakfast sharing stories of the recipes, food purveyors, and the History of Heceta Head.
- Possibly check in guests, give tours, prepare cheese platters, serve wine, and sell food, beverages, and merchandise as guests request.
- Act as guest concierge, recommending food and local attractions and making dinner reservations.
- Act as a sales associate in the Heceta Lighthouse Gifts Shop when needed.
- Be a leader, role model, and solution creator for the B&B team.
- Professional hotel or vacation rental experience in housekeeping with extreme attention to detail and highest standards of cleanliness.
- Experience serving in a hotel, restaurant, or catering environment.
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and efficiently within a time limit.
- Able to squat, bend, kneel, lift 40lbs, and navigate stairs carrying large heavy items.
- Have a team effort mentality, supporting other staff and contributing to the betterment of the B&B.
- Working knowledge of email, and general computer skills.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Oregon Food Handler’s Card, OLCC permit, Customer Service Gold Training, CPR, First Aid, and AED training.
- Willingness to learn and share the history of Heceta Head.
- Excellent written, verbal, and auditory communications skills with guests, staff, and management.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with exceptional customer service experience.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
Hotel Management, Front desk and reservation systems, Graphic Design, Event Planning, Catering, Non-Profit , Grant Writing, Gardening, Retail/Merchandising, Proficiency with Social Media Platforms, Maintenance or Landscaping Knowledge.
Heceta Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast is located halfway between Florence and Yachats on the Central Oregon Coast. We are a high end, 6 room boutique inn occupying the historic light keepers’ home at Heceta Head Lighthouse. This well reputed Unique Inn is known across the globe for its dramatic scenery, rich maritime history, and amazing 7 Course Breakfast. Not only do we offer lodging, we also serve as an Interpretive Center, gift shop, and a busy event venue. Guests are welcome as friends and staff is treated like family in a positive and respectful atmosphere. Listed on the National Register of Historic places and owned by the US Forest Service it is our mission to be good stewards of this property through restoring and publicly sharing this national gem.
If you are ready to join an exceptional team to do a job you love and represent a business you can be proud of, and you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and verifiable references in the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments will not be opened.
Heceta Head Keeper’s house is operated under a concessionaire permit by WR Trillium Inc in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service. Persons of any race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or with any handicapping condition are welcome to enjoy all facilities, programs and services of the USDA. Discrimination in any form is strictly against any policy and should be reported to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington DC, 20250, 1-800-245-6340.