Heceta Lighthouse B&B is seeking an Assistant Manager to join our experienced team, part time to start and full time come busy season. This is a hands-on position that entails working the day-to-day operations and assisting in managerial duties. The dynamic candidate we are looking for must be available weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Candidate must have strength in kitchen management. Typical work hours vary between 730am and 630pm. Compensation is $17/hour, plus tips, paid sick time, Oregon Saves, Unique Inns Discount, employee discount at Heceta Lighthouse Gift shop, and many more perks that come with working in a beautiful location with loving people!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be the PIC when the Manager is not present.
- Cook and serve the 7 Course Breakfast, as well as keep the kitchen organized and clean, utilize produce to eliminate waste, and do inventory of supplies. Oversee the cooking and serving of the breakfast when manager is not present to maintain our high standard of proper cooking techniques and serving etiquette.
- Assist in housekeeping when needed, upholding the highest standards of cleanliness. Work with the manager on guest room inventory management- ordering supplies, amenities, bedding, linens and towels
- Check in guests, host wine socials, sell food, beverages, and merchandise with professional customer service. Act as guest concierge, recommending food and local attractions and making dinner reservations.
- Work in the office communicating with guests via phone and email, taking and processing reservations, and utilizing the online project management system to communicate with staff and maintain the calendar and to do lists.
- Collaborate with the Manager on a variety of projects, staff meetings and trainings.
- Monitor the adherence to hours and break times when manager is not present.
- Be a leader, role model, and solution creator for the B&B team.
- Enjoyment of cooking high quality fresh seasonal food from scratch and managing a kitchen.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, knowledge of ingredients, equipment and procedures, including adhering to cleanliness and safety requirements of the health department and OHSA.
- Knowledge of local seasonal produce and products and how to properly store and utilize them to reduce waste and ensure the highest quality dishes are being served.
- Housekeeping experience with extreme attention to detail and highest standards of cleanliness.
- Must be able to bend, squat, lift and carry up to 40lbs, navigate steep stairs carrying heavy loads, and meet the physical demands of the job.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and general computer skills.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Oregon Food Handler’s Card, OLCC permit, Customer Service Gold Training, CPR, First Aid, and AED training.
- Excellent written, verbal, and auditory communication skills with guests, staff, and management.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with exceptional customer service experience.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
Hotel Management, Graphic Design, Event Planning, Non-Profit experience, Grant Writing, Gardening, Retail/Merchandising experience, Proficiency with Social Media Platforms, Maintenance or Landscaping Knowledge, Project Management, Human Resources, Catering.
If you are ready to join an exceptional team to do a job you love and represent a business you can be proud of, and you meet the above requirements, please submit a cover letter, resume, and verifiable references in the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments will not be opened.
Heceta Head Keeper’s house is operated under a concessionaire permit by WR Trillium Inc in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service. Persons of any race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or with any handicapping condition are welcome to enjoy all facilities, programs and services of the USDA. Discrimination in any form is strictly against any policy and should be reported to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington DC, 20250, 1-800-245-6340.